May 7, 2012

Social Media: Where To Find Your Comfort Zone

Social Media: Where To Find Your Comfort Zone:
Social Media
Facebook remains not only in Cambodia but world wild as the top social media site. It’s crowed and it will continue to grow, even there are many social media sites have been created in the last few years.
For people who want to get their message pass across the planet, they need to do it on Facebook. No other site can compete with Facebook. It is clear.
But somehow, some people can still benefit from small network, connect with the right people outside of Facebook.
For example Path, a social media access via mobile only is popular amount number of people who reserve this network for friend and family only.
I just signed up today and I got nothing on my wall. It is normal because I don’t have any friend. It would be useful if my friends and family signed up. But I don’t think they will have time for another social network.
Facebook would be our good place to connect and share.
Recently the case study also shown that Tagged is the America’s most engaging social network, meaning that people spend more time on that site than Facebook.
In Cambodia, there are also two social media sites which I want to feature here: Angkor One and Cambodia Circles.

Angkor One

Angkor One founded by Steven Path and launched in June 2009.
I experiences myself by becoming a member few years ago. But unfortunately I don’t go often to the site. There are still many people access to the site. It ranked #123 top sites access from Cambodia via Alexa Statistic.
To my personal experiences when I logged into Angkor One, I don’t find anything interests to me. But the site itself provides a lot of information including News, Forums, Contest etc which I think it could give too many choices for people who look for just a social network.

Cambodia Circles

I just signed up to Cambodia Circles last weekend. I don’t have much experience yet but I think the founders have a specific objective for their targeted members.
I believe they setup this network to share experiences and help each other for success. You can do your own blog post, it will be appeared also on the homepage of the site as “What’s New”, this will engage other members to read your post.
The site has other features such as: Articles, Job Announcement, Marketplace and much more. I will keep updating about this new social network.

Conclusion

There are many other social media sites out there. It depends on your need, your friends and family. People might find their own favorite network.
How about you? What is your favorite social network?
PS: I also setup a small network through my newsletter to share my experiences on blogging, social media and internet marketing. If you have the same passion and interests, you can sign up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment